- 1 cup self-raising flour
- ½ cup sugar (I used dark brown)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ cup honey
- 2 tablespoon butter
- Preheat the oven at 180°C.
- In a pan, warm up the milk and butter over medium to low heat, do not boil and set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, mix flour, sugar and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, mix the egg and vanilla and add in the milk and butter mixture.
- Pour into the flour mixture and mix well.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a while before removing from the pan and cool on a wire rack.
- For the glaze: Melt the butter and honey in a pan and pour over the loaf.
- Best served warm.