Its official, I’m obsessed with oats. Not only yummy but it’s nutritious and quick to make as well. I almost always have oats for breakfast; unfortunately not everyone else around me is thrilled to have it every single day and it can become boring to always eat the same thing. So, I try out different ways to make sure everyone enjoy this healthy breakfast dish as much as I do.
- ½ cup, oats
- ½ cup, water
- ½ cup, milk
- 2 tablespoon, sugar
- A pinch of salt
- On medium heat, pour milk and water into the pot.
- Add oats and stir gently, do not over whisk, you want the porridge to be creamy but textured.
- Add butter, sugar and salt and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and cook for 3 minutes and stir once in a while.
- Close with the lid and turn off the heat and simmer for two minutes.
- Serve with your favourite fruit, nuts or seeds.
- Oats porridge, apple slices and cinnamon
- Oats Porridge, nuts and seeds
- Oats porridge, banana slices and blueberries
- Baked oats
- Overnight oats
Your way: Try different options and combinations to find out what you like best.