- ½ cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 ½ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
- A Pinch of salt
- 1-2 teaspoons milk(optional)
- In a bowl of a stand mixer or a with a hand mixer, cream butter and icing sugar and vanilla.
- Add flour, salt and mix. Do not over mix.
- If your dough is dry, add 1-2 teaspoons of milk and mix.
- Place onto a work surface and bring the dough together by hand.
- Shape into a log and wrap in cling wrap.
- Chill in the fridge for 1 hour or overnight.
- Cut into slices and place onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 15 -18 minutes in a 180℃ preheated oven.
- Remove from the oven and cool slightly in the baking sheet.
- Remove from the baking sheet and cool completely.