- 6-7 small apples
- 1 cup festive cake mix
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1-2 tablespoon sugar
- ¾ cup flour
- ½ cup oats
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ½ cup butter
- A couple of pecans
- Pre-heat the oven to 190°C.
- Soak the festive cake mix for about 10 minutes.
- Peel, core and cut the apples into large chunks.
- In a mixing bowl add the apple chunks, cinnamon, sugar and festive cake mix.
- In another mixing bowl, mix the flour, oats, and sugar then mix in the butter to form the crumble.
- Pour the apple mixture into a pie dish.
- Sprinkle the crumble over the top and press down slightly.
- Top with pecans and bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and cool slightly.
- Serve with ice-cream, custard or whipped cream.
- Greek yoghurt
- In jar, start with a layer of yoghurt, followed by a layer of granola.
- Repeat layering the yoghurt and granola until everything is used up or until you fill up the jar.
- 3-4 large potatoes
- 1 cup milk, warm
- 2 tablespoon garlic butter, melted
- ½ cup cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Any other seasoning of your choice
- Peel and cut the potatoes into large chunks.
- Cook the potatoes in a pot of boiling water for 25-30 minutes or until soft and tender but do not overcook.
- Remove from the heat and drain out the water.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl, add milk and blend roughly with a hand mixer or blender. Do not over blend.
- Transfer back into the pot and on medium heat; add garlic butter, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Stir and wait until nice and hot before adding in the cheeses so that it can easily melt in.
- Turn off the heat.
- Potatoes, 6 small/medium
- Carrots, 5 large
- Sweet corn, 250g
- Beacon, 100g
- Smoked ham, 100g
- 1 Onion
- 2 Tomatoes
- 1 Green pepper
- Fresh cream, 250ml
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop and cook the potatoes on medium heat for about 20 minutes or until soft and tender.
- Meanwhile, cook the beacon until crispy and chop up all the veggies that require chopping.
- Sauté the onions and green pepper and add to the cooking potatoes.
- Add in the all the chopped veggies and cream and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Chop the beacon and ham and add into the cooking potatoes and turn off the heat and let simmer.
- Water for boiling
- Green peas
- Hard boiled eggs
- Olive oil
- Seasonings to taste
- Rinse the quinoa.
- In a pot, add about 2 parts of water to 1 part quinoa.
- On medium heat, cook the quinoa for about 20 minutes until soft and puffed.
- Turn off the heat and simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Chop and steam some of your veggies and leave some raw.
- Remove the quinoa from the heat and mix in the veggies.
- Serve warm and garnish with hard boiled eggs.