1. 1 cup raisins
2. 2 cups oats
3. 1⅓ cup flour
4. ½ teaspoon baking soda
5. ½ cup dark brown sugar
6. ⅓ cup white sugar
7. 2 tablespoon molasses
8. ½ cup butter, room temperature
9. 1 large egg
10. 1 teaspoon vanilla
11. ½ teaspoon cinnamon
12. ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- Soak the raisins in hot water for 30 minutes, drain and blot with kitchen towel to remove excess water.
- Mix all the dry ingredients (oats, flour, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg) and set aside.
- Mix butter, sugars, molasses, egg and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix.
- Add the raisins and mix.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Scoop cookie dough balls onto a lined baking sheet and bake in a 175°C preheated oven for 14-16 minutes, then lightly press each cookie down to flatten and bake for further 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool a wire rack.