- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 ½ cups white flour
- a handful of seeds(you can use any seeds, I used mixed seeds)
- 1 tablespoon of yeast
- a pinch of salt
- 1 cup, dark brown sugar
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 1 cup lukewarm milk
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 egg and 1 tablespoon of milk for egg wash
- In a mixing bowl, add all the dry ingredients (flour, yeast and salt).
- Add sugar and mix.
- Add butter and mix, using your hands if necessary.
- Add flour, water and milk in two increments and mix.
- Add in the seeds and mix.
- Cover with plastic wrap and the dough rise for about 1 hour in a warm place, do not refrigerate.
- Preheat the oven at 180°C.
- Grease a loaf pan and pour in the dough about halfway allowing room for it to rise.
- Brush with egg wash and sprinkle with seeds.
- Bake for 45 minutes – 1 hour until crisp and golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before removing from the pan.
- Remove from the pan and serve warm or let cool on a wire rack.
- Makes 2 small loaves or 1 large loaf.