- 1 cup, cooked and mashed sweet potato
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ butter, melted
- ½ cup milk
- 2 ½ cups self-raising flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- Extra egg and milk for egg wash
- Pre-heat the oven at 175° Celsius.
- In a bowl, mix all the dry (flour, sugar, baking soda, spices) ingredients.
- In another bowl, mix the wet (egg, butter, milk, vanilla, mashed potato) ingredients, pour into the dry mixture and mix with spatula (no need to whisk).
- Pour into a greased loaf pan, brush with egg wash and bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool, then remove from the pan and cool on the wire rack.
- Serve warm or let cool completely.
One thought on “Sweet Potato Bread”
This looks so good! 🙂