- 1 cup self rising flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large bananas, slightly mashed
- ½ melted butter
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract/essence
- Preheat the oven at 180°C.
- In a mixing bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together(self rising flour, whole wheat flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda).
- In a separate bowl, mix all the wet ingredients(bananas, butter, milk, eggs, vanilla extract).
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix with a spatula until everything is incorporated, do not whisk and do not over mix.
- Spread the bather into a prepared bread loaf pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack for a few minutes and remove from the pan.
- Slice a desired and serve warm or cool(I prefer it warm) with your choice of spread(sweet or savory).
2 thoughts on “Whole Wheat Banana Bread”
Thank is a good looking banana bread! Thanks for liking my muffin recipe:)
Thank you 🙂