- 3 cups almonds (raw and unsalted)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Toast the almonds in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Let cool for a minute.
- Transfer into the food processor and process on high-speed until smooth.
- Scrape down the slides occasionally to ensure that all the nuts are well blended.
- Poor into a jar and keep refrigerated.
- 2 large bananas
- ⅔ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup milk
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 ½ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ cup mixed nuts, roasted and chopped
- ½ cup mixed seeds, roasted and chopped
- In a bowl, mix all the dry ingredients except the nuts and seeds and set aside.
- In another bowl, mix butter, eggs and vanilla.
- Add both buttermilk and milk and mix.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix.
- Fold in the nuts and seeds.
- Pour into two lined loaf pans and bake in a 180°C preheated oven for 35-40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool slightly, before removing from the pan and cool completely on a wire rack.