- 1 medium butternut, peeled and diced
- 1 can chickpea, drained and rinsed
- 1 can coconut milk
- ½ cup water
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sauté the onion and garlic in coconut oil until soft.
- Add butternut and water and bring to a boil, then simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and simmer for a further 10 minutes or until the sauce has reduced and thicken.
- Serve with rice.
- 1 large Sweet potato
- 1 large Butternut
- 5 large carrots
- Olive oil
- Preheat the oven at 200°C.
- Peel the vegetables and slice into medium to thin slices.
- Brush the baking tray with olive oil.
- Layer the vegetables in the baking tray and brush each layer with olive oil.
- Sprinkle each layer with salt and pepper.
- Cover with foil and roast in the oven for 45 min. **The foil will make sure that your veggies will be soft and moist.
- This dish is great and filling on its own, but also great with some meat or chicken.