- Juice of 1 lemon
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoon Lemon essence
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- ½ milk
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 ½ cups flour plus extra to coat blueberries
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon yogurt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Mix all the dry ingredients and set aside.
- Coat the blueberries with flour and set aside.
- Whisk butter; add eggs and vanilla and whisk.
- Add yogurt and mix.
- Add lemon juice, lemon zest and lemon essence and mix.
- Add the dry ingredients and milk alternating and mix.
- Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Pour into lined loaf pans and bake in a 175°C preheated oven and bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool slightly before removing from the pan and cooking completely on a wire rack.
- Prepare the glaze and glaze the cake.