- 1 cup oats plus extra for topping
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 4½ cups white bread flour
- 1 packet instant yeast
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1/3 cup honey plus extra for brushing
- 1 cup warm water
- ½ cup warm milk
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- Into a bowl of a stand mixture, add all the dry ingredients and mix.
- Add all the wet ingredients and mix.
- Use the hook attachment to form the dough for a few minutes or knead with your hands.
- Add the dough into an oil coated bowl and roll the dough in the bowl to make sure all side are covered with oil.
- Cover with cling wrap and set aside to rise for an hour or until the dough it doubled in size.
- Punch the dough down and divide into two parts.
- For each half, place the dough onto a floured surface and flatten with your hands. Fold in half and fold again and pinch the edges together and form into an oval/rounded shape.
- For each half, place into a parchment covered loaf pan and over in plastic cling and let rise for another 30-45 minutes but not double in size.
- Brush with melted honey and sprinkle the top with oats.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes a 180°C preheated oven.
- Remove from the oven and cool for about 10 minutes before removing from the pan and cool on a wire rack.
- Enjoy warm with a honey or any spread of your choice.