- 1 cup digestive bran flour
- 1 ½ cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¾ cup lukewarm water
- Mix the two flour and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, dissolve the yeast, sugar, salt in water.
- And to the flour mixture and mix well, use your hands if necessary.
- Add a dash of water if the dough is too thick to mix.
- Add the olive oil.
- Cover the bowl with plastic cling and let the dough rise for about 12 hours or overnight.
- Turn the oven to 220°C.
- Heat up the empty cast iron pot by placing it in the oven for about 5 minutes until it’s hot.
- Transfer the dough from the mixing bowl onto a floured surface and shape into a ball.
- Remove the cat iron pot from the oven and place the dough ball into the pot, cover with the lid and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the lid and bake for another 10-15 minutes or until golden brown and crusty.
- Remove from the oven and cool.