- 1 ⅓ cup sugar
- ½ cup butter at room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons red food colouring
- 3 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- A pinch of salt
- Cream cheese
- Icing sugar
- Glace cherries
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Mix butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs, one at a time and mix well.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Mix the cocoa powder and red food colouring to form a paste and add to the batter and mix well.
- Sieve the flour and salt.
- Add in the flour and buttermilk alternatively and mix until smooth.
- Mix the vinegar and baking soda and let a few bubbles out and add to the batter and mix well.
- Pour the batter into a parchment paper lined baking sheet and spread it thinly and evenly.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or when a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pan.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut out the mini cakes.
- Prepare the frosting and frost the cakes by staking them and decorate as desired.