Inspiration for this recipe came with my cake mix from food lover’s market.
- 1/3 cup, Amarula liqueur
- 2 cups, festive cake mix
- ½ cup, dark brown sugar
- ½ cup, butter
- 1 cup, water
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ½ teaspoon, baking soda
- ½ teaspoon, cinnamon
- 1/3 teaspoon, ginger
- 1/3 teaspoon, nutmeg
- On medium heat, add water, sugar and butter into the pot and bring to a boil.
- Add the cake mix and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and cool completely.
- Preheat the oven at 160° Celsius.
- Pour the cooked mixture into a mixing bowl.
- Add in the spices and baking soda and mix.
- Add flour and mix.
- Add the liqueur and mix.
- Pour the batter into a greased cake pan and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven and cool for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Dust with icing sugar or decorate with dried fruits.
- I made two small cakes with this batter; it can also make one regular sized cake.