- 1 large apple
- 1 banana
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup yoghurt
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 ½ cup flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- A pinch of salt
- Cut the apple into small pieces and set aside.
- Mash the banana.
- Whisk butter, sugar, egg and vanilla.
- Add milk, yoghurt, banana and apple and whisk.
- Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt and mix.
- Spray the waffle pan with non-stick spray.
- Scoop batter into the waffle pan and cook as per instructions.
- Serve with honey or maple syrup.
- ½ cup butter, room temperature
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 45 grams white chocolate, melted
Topping and garnish
- Frozen/fresh berries
- Sliced banana
- Whipped cream
- Icing sugar
- Beat the egg white until fluffy and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add butter, sugar and mix.
- Add egg yolk, buttermilk, chocolate and vanilla and whisk.
- Fold in the egg white with a spatula.
- Sift in the flour and mix with a spatula.
- Turn on the waffle maker and spray with cooking spray.
- Pour about 1/3 cup of the batter in the middle of the waffle maker, close and cook as per your waffle maker’s instructions or until golden brown.
- Remove the waffle when cooked.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Top with bananas, berries and then whipped cream and dust with icing sugar.
- Makes about 5 waffles with a small waffle maker.