- ½ cup butter, room temperature
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 45 grams white chocolate, melted
Topping and garnish
- Frozen/fresh berries
- Sliced banana
- Whipped cream
- Icing sugar
- Beat the egg white until fluffy and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add butter, sugar and mix.
- Add egg yolk, buttermilk, chocolate and vanilla and whisk.
- Fold in the egg white with a spatula.
- Sift in the flour and mix with a spatula.
- Turn on the waffle maker and spray with cooking spray.
- Pour about 1/3 cup of the batter in the middle of the waffle maker, close and cook as per your waffle maker’s instructions or until golden brown.
- Remove the waffle when cooked.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Top with bananas, berries and then whipped cream and dust with icing sugar.
- Makes about 5 waffles with a small waffle maker.