- 3 cups white bread flour
- 1⅓ lukewarm water
- 1 packet yeast
- 2 teaspoon of salt
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Add flour into a mixing bowl.
- Add yeast and salt on the opposite sides of the bowl and mix with flour.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add water, sugar and olive oil and mix until the sugar dissolves.
- Pour the water mixture into the flour mixture and mix until you form a ball of dough. You may not need to use all the water, so reserve a little bit or you may need extra water if your dough is too dry.
- Place the dough into a lightly oiled bowl, cover with cling wrap and a kitchen towel and place in a warm place and let it rise overnight up to 12-18 hours.
- Gently reshape into a ball, flour the dough and place into a floured bowl, cover with cling wrap and a kitchen towel and proof for another hour.
- Preheat the dutch oven in the oven at 220°C for 30 minutes.
- Gently place the dough into a floured dutch oven, score the dough, reduce the oven to 200°C
and bake for 30 minutes with the lid on, then remove the lid and bake further for 30-60 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely on a wire rack.