- 2 cups festive cake mix
- Chopped glacé cherries
- ½ cup crushed pineapple
- ¾ cup butter
- ¾ cup dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup festive cake mix soaking water
- ¼ pineapple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 ⅓ cup self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon clove
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 175°C.
- Soak the festive cake mix for about an hour.
- Mix all the dry ingredients (flour, spices and baking soda) and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add butter, sugar, eggs vanilla and mix.
- Add in the flour mixture alternating with soaking water and pineapple syrup and mix well.
- Add in the festive cake mix, glacé cherries and pineapple and mix well but do not over mix.
- Pour into greased or parchment paper lined pans and bake for 40-45 minutes for medium pans and 35-40 minutes for small pans. Makes 2 medium or 4 small cakes.
- In the meantime, prepare the syrup, recipe here and you may add liqueur.
- Remove from the oven and cool slightly.
- Poke the cake and pour the syrup over the top while the cake is still in the pan.
- Cool completely before remove from the pan.
2 thoughts on “Christmas Fruit Cake”
That looks delicious!
Thanks constance 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person