- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cup self-raising flour
- ⅛ cup Greek yoghurt
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon lemon essence
- Lemon zest of half a lemon
- ⅓ cup Icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat the oven at 180°C.
- In a mixing bowl, add butter and sugar and mix.
- Whisk in the eggs one at a time and add lemon essence.
- Add in half the flour and mix, add yoghurt and then the remaining the flour and mix.
- Add in lemon juice and lemon zest and mix.
- Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until slightly golden brown and when a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and cool. Then remove from the pan and cool completely on wire rack.
- Make the icing sugar glaze and drizzle over the cake.