- 1 ½ cup, grated carrots
- 2 cups self raising flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup cooking oil
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat the oven at 180° Celsius.
- In a mixing bowl add all the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg) and mix.
- In a separate bowl, add butter, cooking oil and sugar and mix.
- Add eggs, buttermilk and vanilla and whisk.
- Add half the flour mix and mix; add the remaining flour and mix.
- Fold in the carrots.
- Fill a lined muffin pan half way evenly with the batter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, after 20 minutes; reduce the heat to about 160° Celsius or when a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven a cool on wire rack.