- 1 1/4 cup of maize meal
- 1/2 cup of cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of buttermilk
- 1/3 cup of butter, melted
- Place a cast iron skillet in the oven and Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Mix all the dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs, buttermilk and sugar.
- Add butter and mix.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix.
- Add a tablespoon of butter to a hot cast iron skillet.
- Pour the batter into the hot skillet and bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack.