Red velvet brownies
- ½ cup melted butter
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoon red food colouring
- ½ teaspoon white vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 1 cup flour
- A pinch of salt
- 230g cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- In a bowl, mix flour, cocoa powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, all the wet ingredients except vinegar.
- Add sugar and mix.
- Mix the vinegar and baking soda and let out a few bubbled and add to the wet ingredients mixture.
- Add the dry ingredients, mix and set aside.
- To make the cheesecake swirl, whisk the cream cheese, egg, sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Pour the red velvet mixture into a greased pan.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture over the red velvet mixture and swirl with a spoon.
- Bake in a 180°C preheated oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely in the pan.
- Slice into squares.