- 2 large apples
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup water for soaking the raisins
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ⅓ cup buttermilk
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Soak the raisins for about an hour.
- Drain the raisins and set aside and keep ½ cup of the soaking water.
- Peel, core and grate the apples.
- In a bowl, mix all the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, mix all the wet ingredients, except the apple and raisins.
- Add the dry ingredients mixture and mix.
- Add the apple and raisins and mix gently.
- Pour into two small greased pans and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool for about 10 minutes before removing from the pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
One thought on “Apple Raisin Cake”
Yummy! My mum would love these. She adores apples and raisins!