- 2 cups sugar
- ¾ cup butter
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 teaspoon red food colouring
- 2 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 3 cups self-raising flour
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoon white vinegar
- A pinch of salt
- Cream cheese
- Icing sugar
- Mix butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs, one at a time and mix well.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Mix the cocoa powder and red food colouring to form a paste and add to the batter and mix well.
- Add the salt to the flour.
- Sieve in the flour and add in the buttermilk alternatively and mix until smooth.
- Mix the vinegar and baking soda and let a few bubbles out and add to the batter and mix well.
- Add the batter into a lined muffin pan and bake for 18-20 minutes or when a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool for a few minutes before removing from pan to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Prepare the frosting and frost a desired.
- Decorate with sprinkles.