- 1 Cup sugar
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- ½ butter, room temperature
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ⅓ cup butter
- icing sugar
- Pre-heat the oven at 175°C.
- In a mixing bowl, add cocoa powder and warm water, mix and set aside to cool.
- In a separate bowl, add butter and sugar and mix.
- Add eggs and vanilla and whisk.
- Pour in the cocoa mixture and mix.
- Add flour and milk in two increments and mix.
- Divide the batter into two equal parts and pour into a heart shaped greased pan and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely on wire rack.
- Melt the chocolate and butter and mix well, add in the icing sugar, mix and frost the cake.
- Garnish with berries.