- 2 cups of flour
- 1 cup butter at room temperature
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup of milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup Glace cherries(red and green), chopped
- 3 tablespoons of liqueur
- Preheat the oven at 180° Celsius.
- In a mixing bowl, add butter and sugar and mix.
- Add eggs and vanilla and whisk/or use an electric mixer.
- Add flour and milk in two increments and mix.
- Add in the liqueur and cherries and mix with a spatula.
- Pour the batter into a greased and dusted pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool on the wire rack for about 10 minutes, then remove from the pan and let it cool completely.
- Inspiration for this recipe came from myfavouritepastime.com.