- 2 cups of flour
- 1 cup butter at room temperature
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup of milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup Glace cherries(red and green), chopped
- 3 tablespoons of liqueur
- Preheat the oven at 180° Celsius.
- In a mixing bowl, add butter and sugar and mix.
- Add eggs and vanilla and whisk/or use an electric mixer.
- Add flour and milk in two increments and mix.
- Add in the liqueur and cherries and mix with a spatula.
- Pour the batter into a greased and dusted pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool on the wire rack for about 10 minutes, then remove from the pan and let it cool completely.
- Inspiration for this recipe came from myfavouritepastime.com.
2 thoughts on “Christmas Cake”
I am glad the Apricot Cherry Loaf inspired you to make this beautiful creation. The goal of my blog is to inspire others and myself to bake so each time someone is inspired, my goal has been met. I hope you enjoyed your cake and I wish you a fabulous week!
Thank you so much, keep doing what you’re doing and keep inspiring. I made the cake for the office Christmas party and everyone loved it. Have a fabulous week as well.