Instead of making birthday cakes, I’ve been making birthday cupcakes lately. They are so much fun especially for kiddies birthday parties and I’m a big kid and I absolutely love kiddies birthday parties.
- 1½ cup self raising flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup butter, at room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- ½ cup milk
- ½ icing sugar
- 2 table spoon of milk
- rainbow sprinkles
- With the mixer on low, mix the butter and sugar for about 1 minute, add in the eggs one at a time and vanilla essence and mix well.
- Add in half the flour and half the milk and mix, and add in the remaining flour and milk and then mix again.
- With an ice-cream scoop, fill the cupcake pan evenly with the batter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or when a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool completely on a wire rack
- For the frosting: Mix the icing sugar and milk and then spread it on top of the cupcakes.
- Top with the sprinkles or m&m’s.