- 2 ¼ cups flour
- ½ packet of instant yeast
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup warm milk
- 2-3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- ⅓ cup softened butter
- ¼ cup of sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Cream cheese glaze
- 2 tablespoon cream cheese
- 2 tablespoon butter
- ½ cup icing sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon warm milk
- Combine flour and salt.
- Mix milk, butter, eggs, sugar and yeast.
- Add 2 cups of flour to the wet ingredients a little at a time and mix until well combined.
- Add the remaining flour a tablespoon at a time until you form a soft dough. You might not need all the flour.
- Place into an oiled bowl, cover with cling wrap and a kitchen towel and let it rise for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Mix sugar, cinnamon, salt and set aside.
- Roll the dough into a rectangle with a rolling pin.
- Brush with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Roll into a log.
- Cut into 9-12 equal pieces.
- Place onto a greased baking dish.
- Cover with cling wrap and a kitchen towel and proof again for 30-40 minutes.
- Brush the top with butter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and cool slightly.
- Prepare the glaze and drizzle on top while still warm.