- 6-7 small apples
- 1 cup festive cake mix
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1-2 tablespoon sugar
- ¾ cup flour
- ½ cup oats
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ½ cup butter
- A couple of pecans
- Pre-heat the oven to 190°C.
- Soak the festive cake mix for about 10 minutes.
- Peel, core and cut the apples into large chunks.
- In a mixing bowl add the apple chunks, cinnamon, sugar and festive cake mix.
- In another mixing bowl, mix the flour, oats, and sugar then mix in the butter to form the crumble.
- Pour the apple mixture into a pie dish.
- Sprinkle the crumble over the top and press down slightly.
- Top with pecans and bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and cool slightly.
- Serve with ice-cream, custard or whipped cream.