I learned to make these cupcakes at the Namibia Food and Wine Festival 2014, see my previous post.
- Dark chocolate 125 grams
- Blue cheese 100g(save some for the frosting)
- ½ cup butter
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Icing sugar
- Fresh cream
- Blue cheese
- Cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven and 180°C.
- Melt the chocolate and butter over a double boiler and set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, mix flour and baking soda.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add the whole eggs, egg yolks and vanilla and whisk.
- Add in the sugar and whisk until smooth and fluffy.
- Add in the melted chocolate and mix.
- Add in the flour mixture and milk in two increments and mix.
- Scoop the batter halfway into a muffin tin and place a blue cheese chunk in the middle of each cupcake, press it down and cover with some batter. Make the blue cheese pieces as large or as small as you like depending on how much you like blue cheese (I made these for my best friend’s birthday and she really love blue cheese so the bigger the better for her).
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes and let cool for a while, and then remove from the pan and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- While the cupcakes cool, prepare the frosting.
- Mix the cocoa powder with 1-2 tablespoon of fresh cream to form a paste.
- Whip the cream; add in the icing sugar and cocoa paste and whisk.
- Smooth the blue whisk into the frosting mixture.
- Frost the cupcakes as desired.