I stole this recipe from my colleague and it’s so that good he couldn’t describe it, so he named it “the Christmas pasta”! it is a nice alternative to a plain white sauce.
- Pasta of your choice
- ¼ cup cream cheese
- ½ cup milk
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoon of flour to thicken
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta to your liking.
- On low heat, add the butter and cream cheese into a saucepan and stir until melted and well mixed.
- In a cup, mix the milk and flour and pour into the saucepan, keep stirring at all times until it comes to a boil.
- Stir in the egg yolk.
- Add nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Add in the olive oil and stir.
- Stir in the pasta, turn off the heat and let it simmer for about two minutes and then its done and ready to serve.
- Serves 3.